How many advertising people does it take to come up with a mission statement? Believe us, you don’t want to know. But here is our mission, which, thankfully, has fewer words than we had members on the committee who wrote it:
To advance the region’s advertising and communications community by creating opportunities for its members to exchange ideas, enrich careers and inspire creativity.
Nature of Business
An advertising industry group started in 1904 by Smith Quayle and 4 other local newspaper ad guys, ADCLUB Cincinnati offers year-round programming for men and women from every facet of the ad industry – including clients from corporate advertising, marketing or communications departments; ad agency suits and creatives alike; media reps from broadcast, print, and interactive companies; plus every imaginable supplier to the advertising industry.
Number of Members
As of June 30, 2008 we have 463 members, with more joining every day. We’re confident that this club year (which ends 6/30/09) we’ll surpass 500.
An incorporated nonprofit organization, ADCLUB Cincinnati is an affiliate of (and one of the original 1905 founding members of) the American Advertising Federation (AAF). Headquartered in Washington, D.C., AAF is the “Unifying Voice for Advertising” – the oldest national advertising trade association. AAF represents more than 50,000 professionals in the advertising industry. Membership includes more than 200 ad clubs across the country, an academic segment representing over 215 college chapters, an inter-association council involving more than 20 related trade groups, plus 130 blue-chip corporate members that are advertisers, agencies and media companies, comprising the nation’s leading brands and corporations. For more information, visit AAF’s website at www.aaf.org.
Activities of the ADCLUB include (but are absolutely not limited to):
- Luncheon Programs featuring celebrity-status ad professionals
- Professional Development Seminars
- Career Days for college & high school students
- ADDYÂ® Awards Competition, AAF’s 3-tier creative competition that starts locally.
- Government relations – supporting lobbying efforts of AAF here, in the Tri-State, and Washington, DC.
- Annual “More Than Just Media” Auction includes live auction of media & services plus Silent Auction
- A summertime golf scramble
- AAF District 5 (OH-KY-WV) activities as well as AAF National opportunities (such as the AAF)
- National Conference scheduled for June 2009 in Washington, DC.